Your Nav Bar Here

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Homemade Mod Podge and Upcycled Container

I wanted to upcycle an old wipe container I was about to throw away with some mod podge but I did not have any. Then I came across this pin, Homemade Mod Podge. So I decided to give it a try. It is very simple, 50% water, 50% white glue, mix it up and there you have it.
 You might want to add more glue since I found it a little runny.

So now I had everything I needed to make a new container.
~ old container
~ homemade mod podge
~ scissors
~ brush
~ decorative paper
~ sealer (I paint alot so I always have some on hand)

I simply cut up the paper into the size that would cover the container, put mod podge on the container, placed the paper where I wanted it (one sheet at a time) and brushed more mod podge over it.
*note if you get papaer ripples and/or air bubbles squeeze them out with something flat like a credit card.


 I let it dry overnight and then sealed the paper with my triple thick sealer. You can get it in the arcylic paint section at Hobby Lobby for a few bucks.


Then once it was dry it was done! I cut out the plastic in the container lid (the part the holds the wipe in place) since I wanted to use it to hold all of my fabric headbands and large hair barrettes. You could use it to store almost anything really. It was super easy.



I have more pins done so expect more posts to follow in the days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment